Sunday, October 30, 2011

Some Questions ARE Stupid

I’ve outlined before why we can safely assert that there is/are no god(s). I thought I’d outline my main reason again--despite what some teachers say, some questions are too stupid to be considered.

For example: Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman? How many licks would it take to get to the center of Mars? How fast would I have to blink to go back in time?

You get the idea. I think it’s clear that not all questions are valid. Given that fact, when someone asserts that there is an invisible (sometimes visible) creature who also is everywhere (across a 13.7 billion light year universe), exists as the paradox of being all-powerful, chooses to communicate through “feelings,“ hallucinations and ghost writers, and, among other things, has a special interest in all kinds of blood, we can easily assign the question to the stupid category.

No comments: